Book Industry Subject Headings
- DES000000 - General
- DES001000 - Book
- DES002000 - Clip Art
- DES003000 - Decorative Arts
- DES004000 - Essays
- DES005000 - Fashion
- DES006000 - Furniture
- DES007000 - Graphic Arts / General
- DES007010 - Graphic Arts / Advertising
- DES007020 - Graphic Arts / Branding & Logo Design
- DES007030 - Graphic Arts / Commercial & Corporate
- DES007040 - Graphic Arts / Illustration
- DES007050 - Graphic Arts / Typography
- DES008000 - History & Criticism
- DES009000 - Industrial
- DES010000 - Interior Decorating
- DES011000 - Product
- DES012000 - Reference
- DES013000 - Textile & Costume
Subjects in this section are for works on general principles of design that can be applied to various disciplines (such as art, architecture, crafts, and technology) and for works on design in a field, or of an object, that is not usually considered a fine art (e.g., "DESIGN / Graphic Arts / Advertising" or "DESIGN / Furniture").
Use "DESIGN / Interior Decorating" for works that discuss the arrangement of objects within an interior space and use subjects beginning with "ARCHITECTURE / Interior Design" for works that discuss the architectural design of an interior space.
Use "DESIGN / Textile & Costume" for works about fabrics and costume and use "DESIGN / Fashion" for works about style and clothing.